Steph is here in Philly now and tomorrow Jordan Seiler, Gaia, and Marc and Sara Schiller will be here too. Pretty good week. Plus, Art in the Streets is almost here and I’ll be in LA for that. Hopefully see some of you there. Here’s some (Philadelphia-centric) news to enjoy over the weekend:
- Some very clever yarnbombing on the Rocky statue outside of the Philadlephia Museum of Art. It’s a world-class museum, but so many people just go to see that sculpture and then leave.
- Robots Will Kill have a show up at Vincent Michael Gallery in Philadelphia right now. While there’s definitely some filler in there, each artist has 1-2 standout pieces, making this worth a visit. The opening was pretty great, as it was full of teenage sticker artists writing in each other’s black books. Classic.
- Agnès B now has a space for art in NYC. The opening looks like an overly-swanky affair, but there’s definitely some good art on the walls (and t-shirts from Bast. What could be better?).
- This wall by Cranio is pretty cool. Yes, there’s some Os Gêmeos influence, but the shadows are all Cranio and who in Sao Paulo isn’t influenced by them?
- The LA Weekly has done a long feature on Art in the Streets.
Photo by Becki Fuller