Caroline and I were in Baltimore this week checking out Open Walls Baltimore. If you have the chance, definitely make a trip over there. Full posts about Baltimore coming soon. Point is, between Baltimore and moving this weekend, I’ve been lax this week. Things should return to normal on Wednesday or Thursday, but in the mean time, here’s what I’ve been meaning to post about:
- An update on the Kidult/Marc Jacobs situation: Marc Jacobs have turned a photo of the vandalism (or maybe commissioned tag) into a t-shirt that they are selling for $689, and at least one has sold already.
- Barry McGee’s show at Prism (his second, if you include his 2-man show with Phil Frost) has opened and is of course a must-see.
- Okay yes, it’s another Shepard Fairey show with images we’ve seen before, but there are a few gems in there. Specifically, the painted printing plates.
- A Basquiat painting went for over $16 million at a Phillips de Pury auction.
- This piece by Phlegm is one of my favorites from him in a while.
- Tes One and Bask collaborated on this dinosaur-themed mural in Florida.
- This group show at Opera Gallery’s NYC location looks like a top-tier show for being a group show. Anthony Lister, Interesni Kazki, Roa, Mark Jenkins, Bast, Swoon, Faile, so many more…
- Nychos and his crew paint some crazy stuff.
- Afeura, a mural festival in Peru, is using Kickstarter to raise funds for the project. So far, Escif, Bastardilla, Desertor and Jade have signed on to painting at the festival.
- In a move of crass commercialism reminding us that perhaps street art is dead, some artist made a really beautiful mural for the sole purpose of releasing a print of the same image.
- Sonni (the guy who did that crazy boom box in Miami) has a show opening this month in New York.
- Faile released some new prints on their website this week (sold out already of course), and intend to do so much more often from now on.
- The DMV and 1984 crews pulled the crazy stunt of putting on a one-day illegal show in Paris on the day of the French elections.
- Depoe is part of a two-man show opening on Saturday evening in New York. He has preview photos here.
Photo by RJ Rushmore
Category: Art Fairs, Art News, Auctions, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Print Release, Products, Random, Videos | Tags: afeura, anthony lister, barry mcgee, bask, bast, bastardilla, da mental vaporz, depoe, desertor, escif, faile, Interesni Kazki, jade, jean-michel basquiat, kickstarter, kidult, lny, mark jenkins, opera gallery, pace, philips de pury, phlegm, prism, roa, shepard fairey, sonni, swoon, tes one