While I spend my day at my other job explaining to people how a skee-ball tournament is art (seriously), I hope you’ll enjoy these newsbites from the past two weeks:
- Almost everything I’ve seen of this show looks absolutely amazing: Saner’s solo in SF opening today.
- You can listen to this conversation between Retna and his friend Med if you want a bit of insight into the Bowery/Houston mural, although it may just confuse things further in a good way.
- Escif has been doing some really cool work lately and I’ve been neglecting to post it, but here’s one of my favorites.
- Steve Powers and Faile designed potential covers for New York Magazine. Powers’ was used, but I’m a sucker for anything Faile so I definitely would have gone that route.
- I meant to put this piece by Marco Sueño as the image for last week’s link-o-rama, but then my hostel didn’t have wifi so there was no link-o-rama.
- Jaz took it up a notch with this mural in Lima.
- S.Butterfly’s photos of the DMV crew show in Australia are finally online and the show looks great.
- Eine painted the outside of Village Underground in London to raise awareness of the Homes for London campaign.
- GrafRank is an attempt to graph the popularity of street artists and graffiti writers online using data from flickr. Interesting idea, but they need your feedback to make sure they are getting things right.
- Juxtapoz is turning 18 and they are celebrating with a show later this month in Santa Monica. Artists include Retna, Shepard Fairey and Neckface.
Photo by Snyder