If you’ll notice that there were a good number of posts on Vandalog this week, you’ll notice the opposite thing next week. With family in town visiting and moving in with some friends and starting the couch-hopping segment of my summer in just a few days, things are rather busy. And so is the art world. Here’s what I have been reading this week:
- Romanywg has a new book out about art in abandoned places.
- The indoor segment of Bristol’s Upfest looks really great.
- Swampy’s show in San Fransisco looks like it would have been spectacular to see in person. I’m jealous.
- Two fabulous new murals by Blu and Ericailcane.
- Essu makes great stickers (if you’re okay with a strong McGee influence).
- Someone seems to agree with me on the court case that Mr. Brainwash recently lost. Fair use applies even to bad art.
- Skittles needs to find a new advertising company.
- Faile have a prints show in Venice Beach.
- San and Escif are collaborating.
- Everyone’s talking about this Shepard Fairey thing, but frankly I don’t really care. Dude was being hassled and got a bit irritated and snapped. We all do it. Oh and didn’t everyone know that he has assistants to put up his street work?
This video features Marcelo, who is one of the 127 carts that carry the art of the graffiti artist Mundano, and just one of the 20.000 that have in São Paulo.
- Some Banksy pieces are up for sale at Sotheby’s.
- Performance artist is jailed for not harming anything at all.
- Photos from the show that Barry McGee and Josh Lazcano curated at V1 Gallery.
Photo by Get.off.My.Spaceship!