This week has been a lot of trying to get ahead on my work, because on Saturday evening I’m headed to New York City for the night. I’ll be checking out Flash at the Wooster Street Social Club. Here’s some stuff I missed covering over the last few days:
- Bast has a show opening this weekend at Lazarides’ Newcastle location. Most of the work is in a completely (almost unrecognizably) new style.
- Swoon’s installation at the ICA Boston is now on view.
- Some big walls are being painted at the CityLeaks festival in Germany.
- But none of those murals are quite as cool as Liqen’s latest.
- 555 Gallery in Detroit has finally settled their lawsuit and can display the Banksy that they stole off the streets, completely ruining the meaning of the piece.
- Escif was at Fame Festival.
- Kaws has a solo show open now in LA.
- Fab5Freddy, Lee and Futura are together in a show at Subliminal Projects this weekend.
- Ludo’s show in London is open now.
- Twist aka Barry McGee and his partner Amaze get up big in Sydney.
Photo by RJ Rushmore
Category: Art News, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: 555 gallery, banksy, barry mcgee, bast, cityleaks, daleast, escif, faith47, fame festival, high roller society, honor fraiser, ica boston, josh lazcano, liqen, ludo, roa, subliminal projects, swoon