Had a pretty interesting week. Last Friday was the opening of, Sex Drive, the latest show at The Cantor Fitzgerald Gallery, where I work part time. It’s a pretty great show, so if you’re in the Philadelphia area, I’d say it’s worth stopping by. But if you’re not, there’s also a lot of online content. But here’s what’s going on the more Vandalog-relevant world this week:
- Kid Acne and Dscreet painted a pretty cool collaboration.
- I just read Kid Acne’s latest zine, which is pretty cool for Kid Acne fans.
- MOMO’s also got a new zine out.
- An impressive Os Gêmeos is going to be for sale at Philips de Pury later this month.
- This looks like a great mural project in Madrid.
- You’ve got to have an appreciation for beautiful handpainted signs like these.
- There’s a trailer out for a film called How To Sell A Banksy. It seems to be about a person or group who are trying to sell a street piece by Banksy that they removed or somehow got their hands on. I’m not sure what to think of the whole thing. On the one hand, it certainly raises some questions about the value of art and what Banksy is (like the guy from Andipa, a dealer in secondhand Banksy artwork, saying that perhaps Banksy’s street pieces are absolutely worthless), but I can’t help but believe that those questions will be obscured in the film by the filmmakers themselves being sucked into the system. They are trying to sell something after all, how could they not become part of this system that the film seem to be critiquing?
Photo by nolionsinengland