Just a quick run through of Saturday’s Phillips de Pury auction results (all prices include buyer’s premium).
- Herakut’s canvas for the War Child charity went for £3750.
- Only one Paul Insect piece managed, to sell (a print at £375).
- Seen was quite strong, with a large painting on subway maps selling for £4000.
- Out of 2 prints and 1 original by BAST, only one print sold and it was at below estimate (and that original was really nice in person, even if it isn’t his typical style).
- None of the Faile prints or originals sold.
- Nick Walker’s Moona Lisa, which was estimated at £7-9000, sold for £18,750. Seems like a bit of a fluke though, as the rest of Walker’s work was within the estimate.
- The Swoon on Mylar was withdrawn
- Finally, as I anticipated, the two Os Gêmeos giant head boxes sold for more than the estimate of £4-6000, but they sold A LOT more: £18125 including the premium.
For the full results a pdf can be downloaded here.