Happy new year! Between snow in NYC and the general slowness around this time of year, not much going on this week. Here’s a bit of what I’ve been enjoying though:
- Over on Hyperallergic, Hrag has an interesting review of Faile’s Perry Rubenstein show (now closed). He argues that they are great sculpture and so-so painters. If you agree with Hrag, it adds to the argument that Faile are essentially good designers/businessmen since they still make paintings which probably sell better than sculptures. I never had a chance to see the show in person, but I liked the photos I saw of the paintings. Of course, Faile’s best artwork from 2010 was that temple sculpture in Lisbon.
- JR is the artist behind Arkitip’s latest issue.
- Cept aka Mike Ballard has an interview in the latest issue of Juxtapoz, and Juxtapoz has posted an excerpt online.
- I’d forgotten that MOMO and Sam3 painted a collaboration in NY a while back, but Luna Park recently rephotographed it.
- Arrested Motion has photos from Armsrock’s latest solo show.
Photo by Delete08
Category: Books / Magazines, Gallery/Museum Shows, Interview, Photos | Tags: arkitip, armsrock, cept, dface, faile, jr, momo, perry rubenstein gallery, sam3