Okay, time for me to relax like Elfo’s character. I’ve got one week before senior year begins… But anyway… art:
- Undercover cops at London’s Dragon Bar (a classic haunt for writers and street artists, although now a lot more posh than it used to be) are chasing graffiti writers. Let’s hope nothing comes from this incident, especially given the cruelly harsh prison sentences that graffiti artists have been getting in London recently.
- Some anti-graffiti street art.
- Remember that sculpture where the figures were turned into superheroes a while back, now it’s pink.
- Nice wheatpaste in Philly by Mor. Philadelphia artists: We need more wheatpastes.
- AnimalNY and Jay Shells are giving out free “FRISKING” stickers that you may or may not want to put onto stop signs so that they say “STOP FRISKING” in response to NYPD’s bullshit stop-and-frisk practice.
Photo by Elfo