I missed last week’s link-o-rama because I was in Boston for the Barry McGee show at the ICA Boston. So worth the trip (more on that soon), but for now here’s what I missed:
- Wow. So many great murals at La Bienal de Arte Urbano in Bolivia: Erica il Cane x Bastardilla, Charquipunk, Decertor, Inti… Definitely check those out.
- Hooked visited with Gaia while he prepared a new linoblock print for his upcoming London solo show.
- Josh MacPhee of Just Seeds is speaking tonight in Philadelphia.
- A really great community mural.
- A young Canadian Instagram user was arrested for a photo she posted of a piece of street art because they thought she made the piece. Well, if I ever go to Montreal, I guess I should be careful about what I post to my Instagram.
- They sold out pretty quickly so I’m sorry I didn’t get to this sooner, but Essam (the artist who did those great NYPD/drone ad disruptions) released a few prints of those posters at 1xRun last week.
- Russian street artist Pasha 183 (think along the lines of Banksy or SpY) has died at the age of 28.
- The fantastic artist Nychos will be showing at the equally fantastic Galo Art Gallery in Turin, Italy later this month. A great pairing.
- Cre8tive YouTH*ink & Centrefuge Public Art Project are raising money through Indiegogo to work with teens to make a series of murals in NYC.
Photo courtesy of Rowdy