Happy almost new year to everyone. It’s been quite a year, but I’m on vacation, so there’s no end-of-year round up from Vandalog. Instead, just the usually weekly round up (which includes some end-of-year round ups of course). Also, thank you to everyone who read the 7000+ words this week about Artists 4 Israel. I know politics is not the usual topic of this blog, but I think those posts are among the most important items on Vandalog all year, as are the founder of Artist 4 Israel’s comments on each post. Anyway, here’s what’s up recently:
- Looks like the Season Ticket fair in London was a hit. Sweet Toof even painted people’s nails. One fan sent over these results of Sweet Toof’s efforts.
- Futura has been working on some new pieces for a show in Paris.
- The lead photo this week is from this series of photos that Luna Park took in Grottaglie, where FAME Festival is held.
- The Atlantic has some insight into how Vhils goes about making a mural.
- HowAboutNo! has collected his favorite photos of the year into this post.
- How can you not like Tryone’s “Drive By Shooting” piece? Definitely similar to work by Brad Downey and Akay, but cool nonetheless.
- The LA Weekly has a list of their top 10 street art stories of the year. It’s not bad. Obviously LA-centric, but who can blame them?
Photo by Luna Park