Just a heads up in case you don’t like murals, unless I get really into procrastination through blogging (which isn’t unlikely), the blog will probably continue to be pretty Miami-centric for the next week or so as I’m bogged down in finals. Now that you’ve got fair warning for that, here’s what I’ve missed covering over the last two weeks in art:
- Rowdy and Run both have updated websites.
- Arrested Motion’s show in Hong Kong looks great (you can guess who has the best photos).
- Some people destroyed a legal and commissioned piece by Olek in Poland, but rather than charge them with vandalism or something like that and give them a fine, Olek requested that the men crochet some scarves for the homeless. Good move.
- Gotta love this abstract piece in Hollywood that’s been made out of colored tape.
- Here’s a video interview with Zevs without a mask and saying his name (it’s Aguirre Schwarz). It’s in French though, so if anyone wants to offer up a translation of the interesting bits…
- Always a busy man, Lister has show on in Melbourne, Australia.
- The car company Fiat settled a potential lawsuit with NYC’s TATS Crew after the company used one of TATS Crew’s murals in an advertisement. If you’re interested in the issue of copyright concerning public art, here’s one place to start.
Photo by Caroline Caldwell