I’m baking alive here in Atlanta for Living Walls, but damn things are coming along nicely. Nanook and Gaia have finished a couple of walls, including this one. But Living Walls is a busy event, so I’ve been missing out on a lot this week, including some big news from Banksy. Check all that out here…
- The schedule for Living Walls is up and finalized. Festivities start tonight. If you’re in Atlanta, I hope to see you there.
- El Mac’s painting of a cockroach is pretty crazy.
- Channel4 in the UK has two films of note being shown this weekend: Banksy’s tv special Antics Roadshow (it’s about people behaving badly in public) and Graffiti Wars, which is that Robbo (get well soon man) documentary that people have been talking about for a while.
- Art in the Streets had over 200,000 visitors.
- Fine Art Views has an interview with Blek le Rat.
- Retna, Kenny Scharf and Shepard Fairey painted the outside of a parking garage in West Hollywood.
- New work from Phil Frost.
- Nelio is quite cool.
- Did you know that Futura made a rap with The Clash?
- To coincide with Living Walls, the All City street art and graffiti mapping app is available for free all weekend.
Photo by Elbowtoe