I’m racing through my computer science homework right now and also throwing this post together before it gets to be too late. I have to be up early tomorrow to get to Washington D.C. for The Daily Show’s Rally To Restore Sanity. I probably shouldn’t been spending my entire day on my way to and from that rally, but it’s going to be an insane day. So between planning getting 50 students to the rally and teaching a course on street art at my university (not an official course, there’s no homework or exams and I don’t get paid), things had to slip through my fingers this week:
- TrustoCorp had a show in LA.
- Kid Acne has a London solo show coming up in November.
- Who else loves Barbara Kruger? Amsterdam and Juxtapoz do.
- This is sort of an odd project… Graffiti writers painting homages to classic graffiti pieces from Subway Art throughout New York City.
- Artists including Ben Wolf and Swoon recently painted an abandoned town in Connecticut.
- JR was in National Geographic, with an ad right next the article that might rip off his work a bit.
- A 3D painting at Cordy House in London.
- There’s a film about Steve Powers’ A Love Letter For You Project, and it just premiered in Philadelphia. Also, Steve has a new website with some work available to purchase and plenty of photos.
Photo by Luna Park