Enjoy the weekend:
- Very nice set of matching abstract pieces by CDB, Wood and Graphic Surgery.
- I love this GR170 mural. Looks like what a massive THR crew mural might look like if graffiti crews like THR were invited to mural festivals.
- 1xRun is doing a series of prints with members of The Weird crew. These two by Vidam and Dxtr are probably my favorites.
- I find Above’s work to be very hit or miss, and this hits the spot for me.
- Eine brought back some old imagery about children and CCTV cameras for his recent show at CHG Circa.
- Miss Van and someone called Ciroschu are painting walls in London. So that’s cool I guess…
- Definitely check out this video of Anthony Lister at the Oi You Street Art Festival.
- These paintings on and of trains by Jens Besser are awesome.
- This tweet by Marina Galperina is perfect.
- On a similar note, earlier this week on Arrested Motion there were three posts out of five in a row that were basically about advertisements that involved artists: How&Nosm’s massive DKNY billboard in Times Square, KAWS’ put his logo on the MTV VMA Moonman sculpture because blah and El Mac painted street-level billboard for some FX tv show. Good for these guys getting paychecks I guess. I mean, KAWS never has to innovate for the rest of his life if he doesn’t feel like it, but I still don’t like billboards and I think it’s a bit ridiculous for people to be getting all excited about KAWS’ version of the Moonman.
Photo by Lois Stavsky
Category: Art News, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Print Release, Products, Random | Tags: above, anthony lister, buff monster, cdb, ciroschu, dxtr, eine, EL Mac, Graphic Surgery, hoacs, how&nosm, kaws, miss van, The Weird Crew, Vidam, wood