KATSU, one of my favorite writers of all time, has had quite a week. I was just going to throw these things in the weekend link-o-rama because other blogs have covered the events so well, but then stories about KATSU just kept piling up. So, here they are:
- Need a bit of a refresher on the awesomeness of KATSU? Brooklyn Street Art has you covered.
- KATSU has a series of 3 prints available this week at 1xRun. They have almost sold out already. Personally, I picked up the black on black version.
- KATSU is part of F.A.T. Lab, and they have a show (F.A.T. Gold) on right now at Eyebeam in NYC. This evening from 5-7pm, KATSU and Mike Baca aka 2ESAE will be in conversation live online. That event should be streaming here and will presumably be available to watch at a later date as well.
- It seems that KATSU’s most noticeable contribution so far to F.A.T. Gold has been to paint the outside of Eyebeam with a fire extinguisher, as pictured above. As it turns out, those things are hard to control when it’s windy. Some of the paint got onto the gallery next door, Paula Cooper Gallery. Paula Cooper is not happy about that. For the rest of us, there’s a hilarious video to watch of a Paula Cooper Gallery employee trying to figure out what’s going on with all the gold paint flying everywhere.
- KATSU is also using launching a new postering campaign on the street this week called Status Update. The posters feature Facebook’s Marc Zuckerberg, but with a black eye and chipped tooth. KATSU emailed with Gizmodo about the project.
Photo by Dani Mozeson