Lots of news to share this week and I’m late with this post, so let’s get on with it…
- This year’s FAME Festival lineup is online.
- Nina Pandolfo has a show coming up this week at Lazarides’ Rathbone Place location. Despite Nina’s talent, it’s unfortunately difficult to shake the knowledge that she is married to Otavio Pandolfo of Os Gemeos and make comparisons to Os Gemeos’ work.
- Some great new prints and t-shirts from Horfe.
- Stick2Target has photos of some great new walls by Vhils.
- Let’s all go make parks.
- Thinkspace Gallery currently has a charity show running to benefit Born Free USA.
- Street Art Is Dead used to be a blog that mostly complained about the bullshit involved in street art. Now there’s a newish blog with that name that indiscriminately posts photos of street art despite quality.
- James Marshall aka Dalek has brought his Space Monkey character back in his work after years of interesting artistic development.
- Animal New York’s analysis of JR’s latest mural in New York seems pretty spot on… “Let’s agree that it is not an vicious affront to the eyes, but it’s not ‘absolutely genius’ either.”
- Banksy updated his website. A couple of really nice new pieces, both indoors and outdoors.
- Carmichael Gallery have a show that just opened with Yue Minjun, Mark Jenkins and Aakash Nihalani.
- The Duke Spirit used Kid Acne’s Stabby Women film series footage and used a version reedited by Dscreet (who also directed Stabby Women initially) for their latest music.
Photo by Don’t Fret
Category: Art News, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Print Release, Products, Random, Videos | Tags: dalek, don't fret, dscreet, fame festival, Horfé, jr, kid acne, lazarides, nina pandolfo, thinkspace, vhils