It’s a mega link-o-rama this week because I’ve been traveling from last Saturday until Thursday morning.
- Here’s a video of Morley’s show at Lazarides Newcastle. When I first saw Morley’s work about a year and a half ago, I thought it was hilarious and touching. Now though, while I appreciate that he has tried to literally make his gallery work 3D and therefore a bit different from what he does on the street, I’m kinda bored of it. Anybody else feeling this way?
- Zeus (the British one) has a pop-up show in London next month.
- Pez has some great commentary on the transition from the street to the gallery.
- Emol, Stinkfish, Zio Ziegler will be showing together at Carmichael Gallery starting August 11th.
- Okay, here’s one of the very occasional Olek pieces that I really like, but she got to start with a great shape so I’m not sure how much the yarn helped.
- Evol hit up some electrical boxes in Warsaw.
- A unicorn expelling rainbows from its mouth and ass.
- Some very odd but also oddly beautiful graffiti from Homer.
- Even Russia has a mural festival. Of course, the work is pretty tame. Nothing like this piece of Russian street art.
- There’s some great work to be spotted along the High Line.
- Pixote recently had a show in NYC. Nothing amazing, but it’s interesting to see what Pixote does besides rollers.
- This mural in Denver by Shepard Fairey is pretty nice. He’s in town for his part in a show at The Black Book Gallery.
- Reka’s in London.
- Ripo has a solo show opening next Thursday at White Walls Gallery in San Fransisco.
Photo by Awer