I just discovered a list on my phone of headlines for fake/satire street art articles that I wanted to write a few years ago, but never found/created a satire art site to pitch it to. So here they are:
- Non-native Street artist had a lot to say about gentrification
- The difference between street art and graffiti, according to angry graffiti writer
- Street artist priced out of own neighborhood
- Blogger recently discovers women are also artists, decides to “put them on the map”
- Local mom discovers “possible Banksy” which is clearly signed by other artist
- Man does first piece of graffiti, immediately makes Instagram
- Why bodega tribute murals are the realest shit on the street
- Local artist with no street presence commissioned to do “graffiti” in new barber shop
- [Famous Artist who I won’t name] paints pretty woman’s face from NEW angle
- Instagram famous street artist discovered to have only painted one wall repeatedly. “The internet enabled this”
- First ever graffiti group show happens for the 300th time
- Small town overwhelmed by years of street art festivals “we have no more white walls”
- Shepard Fairey indecisive about personal stance on political controversy
- What if the real Banksy is “friendship”?
- Shepard Fairey peer pressured into collaboration: “sometimes it’s easier just to do it,” he says quietly.
I’m bored. You’re bored. Punk is dead. Cowabunga ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PS, Shepard, I think ur great. I know u can take a joke.