It’s almost December, and this December I’m going to be taking a bit of a holiday. For most of the month, Caroline Caldwell is going to be doing most of the writing for Vandalog, while I focus on another project. But, of course, the more important thing about it being almost December is that it means Basel Miami craziness is about to be upon us. Some artists are already in Miami (specifically Wynwood) and painting their murals. Not to piss all over that parade, but I’d like to quote Workhorse of The Underbelly Project. He once said to me, “It’s sorta sad that an entire district of 7-story-tall murals is becoming blasé, but it is.”
- Essam Attia, allegedly the artist behind the NYPD drone ad disruptions of earlier this year (interviewed here) was arrested recently and charged with over 50 charges. I guess the NYPD didn’t take too kindly to a friendly critique. Well, you know… Hopefully Attia gets off without too much trouble.
- Bilos is a bit of a Greek Horfe, so take that for what you will.
- It’s always good news when Kid Acne puts a zine for sale.
- DALeast has a show opening at Jonathan Levine on Saturday evening.
- Why would you carve “S.O.S.” into the ground at a size of 5 km x 1.7 km? Not without good reason.
- Concerned New Yorkers have been distributing some fake parking tickets asking people just what they think of the NYPD.
Photo by Alex Ellison