Well, it’s been quite a week for me at least. Here’s what I wasn’t posting about while I was busy breaking up fights…
- Tox has been jailed for an absolutely insane sentence of 27 months for writing graffiti. There are not words the express who screwed up that sentence is. The British Transport Police claim Tox’s graffiti caused passenger delays, but sending him to jail for 27 months just costs taxpayers a boatload of money. Graffiti writers should receive sentences of community service and/or fines. Not jail time.
- JR has posted a short video highlighting one of the stories to emerge so far from his Inside Out project.
- Dirty Hands, a film about David Choe, is finally on DVD and streaming online.
- Some big names including El Mac, SheOne, Roids and Kid Acne are due to paint some big murals on a Bristol street soon.
- The Toykio cafe/gallery is finally open and it looks fantastic.
- Vhils has another video out of his artwork-by-explosion technique.
- I’m not usually a fan of light art or “light graffiti,” but this stuff blows me away.
- Graffiti writer BNE has raised almost $20,000 towards providing clean water to people in need. And he’s looking to do even more.
- Roa’s show in Berlin has opened.
- Becca is part of a show in LA.
- Thom Thom / Hephaestus makes some damn cool ad disruptions.
Photo by Delete08