There seems to be so much going on right now with street art being sold or auctioned off for charity and other good causes, so I thought I’d throw a few things all together in one post. Also, how great is it that Shepard Fairey is involved in so many of these things? See it all after the jump…
- The Art of Elysium: This charity helps artists enrich the lives of critically ill children. Shepard has two pieces in their auction. First is a Burmese Monk stencil and collage on paper. Second, the really awesome item: a portrait sitting with Shepard Fairey, resulting in a print on paper and/or possibly on canvas. That’s already reached $13,500, and it sure to go up before the lot closes on March 4th.
- Make It Right charity auction: Make It Right benefits the residents of the New Orlean’s Lower 9th Ward. There a bunch of great artists involved in this auction. Shepard has donated three items: one original work and two prints on wood. There are four artworks from TrustoCorp, which are (to my knowledge) their first artworks for sale anywhere. And there are plenty of other great low-brow and street artists involved in the auction.
- I swear, there is nobody in the art world more busy right now than the folks at Anonymous Gallery. They’ve got so many great projects going on in New York right now. One of those is N’Ap Boule – A Benefit for Haiti. Artists include Shepard Fairey, Barry McGee, Lee Quinones, Dan Witz, David Ellis, Faile, Doze Green, Bast, Swoon, Futura, Jose Parla and many more. More info at The Art Collectors blog.
N’Ap Boule – A Benefit for Haiti
Opening Reception – March 7
Anonymous Gallery at Collective Hardware
NY, NY 10002
- Manifest Equality: this exhibition is all about celebrating the GLBT community and working towards equal rights for all Americans. This thing is massive, with well over 100 artists involved including: Aaron Rose, Barry McGee, Clare Rojas, El Mac and Retna, iO Wright, Kofie, Maya Hayuk, Shepard Fairey, Swoon and Typoe.
Here’s what Swoon has contributed, a stunning new piece:
Evan Pricco from Juxtapoz has plenty more photos, including one of El Mac and Retna’s giant mural.
- Art For Bhopal: The Pure Evil Gallery is hosting an event with Art For Bhopal to raise money for The Bhopal Medical Appeal. The show opens on Thursday the 4th and there will be work from artists like Stik and Pure Evil.
- Ripo has made a print to benefit relief efforts in Haiti. 100% of the profits will go to the Spanish version of Doctors Without Borders. The print is an edition of 30, and is for sale online for just 70€.
Am I missing anything? Leave a comment if I’ve forgotten something.