As of November 1st, BrewDog is the beer sponsor of The Thousands. They will be providing everybody at the opening with plenty of great beer. Otherwise my plan was to buy a bunch of cheap beer and put up a donation bucket, so I’m very thankful I won’t have to resort to that. Since BrewDog is majorly helping out me with The Thousands, it’s only right that I repay the favor.
BrewDog is a different kind of brewery. They’re independent, and they do things like brew an 18.2% beer and then make a 1.1% beer when people get mad at them. One of their latest projects is Equity for Punks. At Equity for Punks, BrewDog is looking for 10,000 investors to invest £230 each to own a piece of the brewery.
Here’s their video pitch:
And here’s BrewDog talking about Equity for Punks on the BBC:
Equity for Punks is an opportunity for people to support something they love. If you like beer and you like the environment, then why not invest in an environmentally friendly brewery which is only two years old and growing quickly?
Here are the benefits of investing (from the BrewDog blog):
Benefits of Being a BrewDog Shareholder:
· Full Dividend Entitlement, equal to that of existing shareholders
· 20% Lifetime online shop discount
· Owning your very own part of BrewDog
· Owning part of our awesome new energy self sufficient brewery
· Owning part of our new BrewPub in Aberdeen and subsequent BrewPubs
· Sell and trade your shares on www.equityforpunks.com or at a potential later listing
· Share in our future growth
· Having your say in how the company is run and vote on key decisions online
· Being able to buy your own beer in shops and bars
· Literally become richer with every BrewDog beer you drink
Oh yeah, did I mention the 20% lifetime discount? Not bad.
To learn more, check out Equityforpunks.com