Via Rebel:ArtCategory: Videos | Tags: david ellis, filthy luker, mathieu tremblin
I am loving Mathieu Tremblin‘s latest work, Graffiti Statue. It was made for Art4Context’s 1+1=1 1+1=2 residency. The piece almost perfectly encapsulates the strategy of the stereotypical modern street artist: Only make art when you’re getting paid and make art that looks mildly rebellious but is actually socially acceptable and perfectly legal. Here’s a video documenting Graffiti Statue:Featured Posts, Videos | Tags: mathieu tremblin
This week the link-o-rama is coming from Steph’s room, where I’ve been staying. After all, got that beautiful baby boy to take care of… Here’s what’s been going on elsewhere in street art this week:
- Margaret Kilgallen’s show at Ratio 3 is open.
- Faile are releasing some gold prints at their print show in LA (opening tonight). Because gold = awesome. Or something like that.
- Cyop and Kaf painting for FAME Festival. And they now have a book.
- Definitely check out this video of Anthony Lister, Mymo and others in Berlin.
- Loving this portrait of a certain clown named Ronald by Zoltron.
- ABOVE has a book coming out later this year.
- This war memorial in Bulgaria has been taken over by superheroes.
- Mathieu Tremblin is interesting as always.
- West Berlin Gallery is showing some photos by Brenna.
- A nice interview with Stik.
Photo by Peter FussCategory: Books / Magazines, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: above, anthony lister, cyop e kaf, faile, margaret kilgallen, mathieu tremblin, mymo, peter fuss, stik, zoltron
Here’s something from Mathieu Tremblin. It’s sort of similar to that famous Wild Style piece or that guy who painted the flickr logo on walls (sorry I can’t find a link), but I like this nonetheless. It’s called Tag Cloud, as in an online tag cloud of tags. As a computer geek, I can’t help but laugh.
Photos by Mathieu TremblinCategory: Photos | Tags: mathieu tremblin