This weekend I’ll be in Boston. If you have any ideas for what I should get up to, leave a comment. I’ll definitely be checking out Swoon’s installation at the ICA Boston. Here’s what’s been going on in street art while I’ve been locked in my room studying all week:
- Steve Powers aka ESPO designed some beer cozies for The World’s Best Ever. They’re pretty okay, but should your beer cozy really be more than pretty okay? I would honestly feel a bit weird of my beer cozy had some brilliant high-brow design on it. Much more impressive is the latest in Powers’ Love Letter series.
- Philips de Pury and MTV had a charity auction for MTV’s Staying Alive Foundation, with particularly nice work by Shepard Fairey and Faile.
- Stik’s latest solo show just opened in London.
- Some beautiful pieces by Sam3 in Porto, Portugal.
- AvoidPi designed the latest cover of Showpaper.
- Blu’s latest mural is in Greece.
- A nice booth for Joshua Liner Galler at Pulse in LA.
- Mr. Brainwash has a show opening soon in LA, but it’s going to be full of other people’s art. Anyone can submit work to be wheatpasted around the exhibition. On the one hand, yay, artists can benefit from Mr. Brainwash’s stupid fame and hype. On the other hand, I guess Mr. Brainwash has acknowledged that he doesn’t have any ideas for art, so he’s just openly benefiting from the art of others to further his own art career. So it’s mutually beneficial, except that individual artists submitting work will gain a lot less from this arrangement than Mr. Brainwash will gain overall.
Photo by Abode of Chaos
Category: Art Fairs, Auctions, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Products, Random | Tags: avoidpi, blu, faile, joshua liner gallery, mr. brainwash, philips de pury, sam3, shepard fairey, showpaper, steve powers, stik