With my mind still on Living Walls, I’ve got some catching up to do with what’s been going on outside of Atlanta. So here’s some of that catching up…
- King Robbo is currently having serious health issues, and there’s a fundraising art auction at Cargo for him next month.
- Brooklyn Street Art’s LA show, Street Art Saved My Life, opened and BSA has photo of the entire thing.
- The Zoo Project are a major street art force in Paris, and this wall is one of my favorites from them in a while.
- Tristan Manco contributed a list of his 10 favorite pieces of street art to The Guardian.
- Shepard Fairey had quite an ordeal in Copenhagen. On the whole, I’ve got to agree with Shepard on this one. He made a mistake and tried to make it right, but people still beat him up and newspapers still sensationalized their stories in inaccurate ways. Uncool. That said, it’s worth pointing out that right in the midst of Shepard complaining about newspapers getting their facts straight and being ethical, he writes “I adhere to my ethical beliefs in all areas of my artistic and business practice.” I hate to kick a guy while he’s down, but it needs to be mentioned that Shepard did attempt to falsify evidence during his lawsuit with the AP, so those ethics aren’t always adhered to. Anyway, sucks that Shepard and Obey Clothing’s Romeo Trinidad were beat up.
- Futura and Stash getting up in NYC.
- James Marshal aka Dalek is trying something very different with his new work.
- Nunca, Miss Van and others are at work on a mural project in Berlin.
- Sao Paulo’s Museum of Art just opened a huge show of street artists including JR, Swoon, Invader and Remed.
Photos by Sabeth718
Category: Events, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: dalek, futura, Invader, jr, miss van, neckface, nunca, remed, robbo, shepard fairey, stash, swoon, tristan manco, zoo project