With two midterms exams tomorrow, I’m rushing this post, but here’s a simple list for some of what to check out at the art fairs in New York this week.
- The Armory Show:
– Honor Fraser (Kaws and Kenny Scharf)
– Ratio 3 (Barry McGee)
– Stuart Shave/Modern Art (Barry McGee)
– 140-foot long street art installation, although it sounds like this might be the same installation as was recently at Fountain in Miami, or at least partially the same.
- Verge Art Brooklyn:
– Arch 402 (Cept aka Mike Ballard)
– English Kills Gallery (Don Pablo Pedro)
– Contra Projects (D*face, How&Nosm, James Marshall aka Dalek, Ron English, Tristan Eaton, TrustoCorp and more)
– Carmichael Gallery (Mark Jenkins)
– Wilde Gallery (EVOL)
– Joshua Liner Gallery (David Ellis)
– Ben Wolf’s installation (He has collaborated with Swoon and Maya Hayuk)
I won’t be in NYC for the fairs myself, but I’ll hopefully have some photos to post. Otherwise, the places I will be getting my art fair news will be Hyperallergic and Arrested Motion.
Photo courtesy of Volta Art Fair