For me, this week was spent thinking way too much about the digital humanities at Re:Humanities. You may be asking what that is. I’m still not entirely sure, but I think it means using YouTube and Twitter to learn important stuff rather than to watch laughing-baby-related videos and talk about the last hamburger you ate. Still, interesting stuff. Kinda helps justify running a blog. Here’s what I was reading when I was trying not to waste my time on the web:
- The Spanish Pez has made a visit to London.
- No Longer Empty has put together a talk about Fashion Moda, one of the most consistently underrated spaces in the history of street art and graffiti.
- Paul Weston, DB Brukeman and Erik Foss are putting on a sticker show in a Brooklyn bathroom. The show is an open call, so sticker artists should go here if they want to be involved.
- I’m not a huge fan of KR anymore, but something about the similar work by Stephen Hiam completely grabs me.
- ARYZ has designed the latest album cover for Aesop Rock.
- Cheryl Dunn’s solo show in London is open.
- Roid’s new print is very different from what you’d expect, but not bad at all.
- The results are in from Bonhams’ latest urban art auction.
Photo by Overunder