I’ve just spent the last two weeks in London and it’s been great to catch up on everything that’s been going on here (even if it’s mostly that art is being replaced by billboards). Here’s what I’ve been checking out online this week:
- Speaking of ads, check out these two by Canvaz.
- This week I have a piece over at Complex.com where I go over some of my favorite lesser-known facts about the histories of graffiti and street art. It was really fun to write.
- Great piece by 1010. Something a bit different and out there with the colors.
- Today Phlegm released a new book of drawings based on his recent murals.
- So I wouldn’t really call this installation street art, but damn it’s cool that sliding doors can be used to make such complex animations.
- Great site-specific piece by Interesni Kazki in Lisbon.
- Ronzo just released a smallish sculpture (edition of 25) based on his recent installation at The Old Truman Brewery. I didn’t like the installation until I saw it in person, so although I’m not in love with the smaller version at the moment, I’d really like to see one in person sometime.
- Loving these new walls by ABCDEF.
Photo by Elbowtoe