You know what’s weird? Hanging out with all your friends from high school and then actually seeing current high school students from your school. Those kids are so young! While I was freaking out about no longer being a teenager and enjoying the beautiful London weather (I’m serious about this one), here’s what I almost missed this week:
- Ok let’s start with something self-promotional – I was interviewed and photographed by my friends at The Ripe Apples. Definitely the most relaxing and fun situation to have ever involved my face in front of a camera.
- The full Da Mental Vaporz crew (Dran, Bom.K, Sowat, Brusk, Lime, Kan, Iso, Blo and Jaw) put together a show in Toulouse. The crowds look massive and the art looks great. S.Butterfly has all the photos you need here and here.
- Neckface used his installation in Art in the Streets to film a movie trailer.
- Jordan Seiler at PublicAdCampaign took Neko around NYC and the result was a series of beautiful ad disruptions.
SometimesEvery time I think about it, I get annoyed by the close relationship of Juxtapoz and Upper Playground (Matt Revelli is editor-in-chief at Juxtapoz and founder/creative director at Upper Playground). Not so much because of any “journalistic integrity issues,” but because Juxtapoz gets lots of great exclusive Upper Playground related content. This time, they have photographs from a trip on freight trains with Swampy, and they’ve interviewed Swampy for the July issue of Juxtapoz. Definitely check those out. Swampy of course has a show opening next week in San Fransisco at Upper Playground’s Fifty24SF.
- Myne has a nice new print out.
- This piece by Simple is crisp.
- One of my favorite painters in New York, Don Pablo Pedro, is in a group show opening today in Brooklyn.
- If you’ve spent time in Williamsburg, you’ve seen that pink cloud and lightening bolt logo around and probably wondered about it. Well, it’s by Abel Macias, and he’s got some really nice Pink Cloud shirts available.
- Anthony Lister is going to do a 6-day painting marathon in Berlin starting June 9th. And you’ll be able to monitor his progress online.
Photo by Luna Park
Category: Gallery/Museum Shows, Interview, Photos, Print Release, Random, Videos | Tags: abel macias, anthony lister, blo, bom.k, brusk, da mental vaporz, don pablo pedro, dran, iso, jaw, jordan seiler, kan, lime, myne, neckface, neko, simple, sowat, swampy