This week the Occupy Wall Street live streams have been very effective at distracting me from Vandalog, which I’m not too upset about. The violent and suppressive eviction of Occupy Wall Street is certainly more important that the latest swindle that some art gallery is trying to pull. Nonetheless, I have been paying attention even if I haven’t been writing, so here’s what’s been going on in the street art world this week:
- AEC and WAONE aka Interesni Kazki have their first US solo show opening this weekend at Mid-City Arts in LA. Arrested Motion have a preview.
- This Saturday afternoon in Brooklyn, Todd James and Steve Powers are showing their work from their installation Street from the Art in the Streets show at MOCA in LA earlier this year. Other members of Powers’ ICY Signs studio will also be showing their work.
- Graffiti writer and notorious sticker-er BNE started a foundation for clean water projects earlier this year, and 12oz. Prophet has interviewed him about it. Great to see writers doing such admirable work.
- Hope has a flickr stream with photos that graffiti geeks (and I say that in the best possible way) absolutely have to check out.
- This show at MK2 Projects includes Shepard Fairey, Matt Small, Aiko and more.
- Here’s a new painting by Judith Supine.
- C-Monster has photos of two stencils in Tahrir Square.
- EVOL is to be the star of this year’s Pictures on Walls holiday extravaganza, and he is already in London putting up some of his signature stencil work.
- Swoon musical project in New Orleans, Dithyrambalina, is coming along. Artists involved in the collaborative installation are performing a show called The Music Box on November 19th and December 10th. Here’s a trailer, which includes some of their October 22nd performance. Beautiful work, but I’m sure it’s something that really needs to be seen in person.
- Complex has their list of the top 25 Parisian graffiti writers.
Photo by Damonabnormal
Category: Art News, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: aiko, bne, evol, hope, Interesni Kazki, judith supine, keely, Merry Karnowsky, pictures on walls, steve powers, swoon, todd james