It’s 11/11/11, so I guess that’s a big deal to some people. That seems so arbitrary to me, since our calendar is pretty arbitrary to begin with. Besides, it’s really 11/11/2011. A few years ago, 11/02/2011 was much cooler. In my social sphere though, 11/11/11 seems like an excuse to throw parties, so maybe I shouldn’t complain. While I was thinking about the ridiculousness of this date, here’s what almost passed me by this week in art:
- As pictured in part above, Nolionsinengland came across a well-preserved mural by Os Gêmeos, Nina, Same84 and Nunca in Athens, Greece.
- LNY designed a couple of t-shirts.
- I’m loving this “Occupy Your Mind” poster by EZRA.
- Echo and The Bunnymen are a brilliant band and Will Sergeant is a fantastically talented member of that group. Unfortunately the same things cannot be said about his attempt at street art.
- Last month, Ola Bad’s first solo show took place in Atlanta. It does not look like it’s his first show. It looks much better than any artist’s first solo show should look. There are a number of photos from the show here.
- A tribute to Robbo has been painted on the wall where he and Banksy feuded. It looks like it’s by Banksy, but there’s been no word from his camp or any other artists claiming responsibility. Last we heard, Robbo was still in intensive care at a hospital due to the injuries he sustained back in April.
Photo by Nolionsinengland
Category: Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Products, Random | Tags: banksy, ezra, lny, nina, nunca, ola bad, os gemeos, robbo, same84, will sergeant