Is it time for another link-o-rama already? The week has flown by. Except for when I had to read the multiple formal press releases I received this week which promoted artists’ gallery shows by talking about a recent campaign of wheatpasting that they were doing solely for the purpose of promoting their shows. Bleh. By contrast, Stinkfish has been in London for a bit and just seems to be getting up with posters, spraypaint and other materials because it’s fun. Here’s some of the things I’m not going to be kinda bitter about this week…
- Anthony Lister has been getting up in LA. Okay, to be honest, one of those annoying press releases was promoting a new Lister show. That opens tonight in LA and runs through August 29th. I’m looking forward to seeing some pics. To be fair, the posters that Lister put up to promote the show were on advertising space (albeit probably illegal street level billboards) and he probably paid for them, so at least he’s not putting up ads over street art but rather over other ads, but the press release and hype around some ads was kind of unnecessary. And now to not be bitter!
- Speaking of advertising, Jordan Seiler/PublicAdCampaign has been testing a new iPhone app that replaces real-world ads with art by people like Ron English and John Fekner when you view them through your phone. A fun little experiment for sure.
- Aryz gets up huge in Italy.
- It looks like New York City’s Parks Department doesn’t find Leon Reid IV’s latest idea too funny.
- Arrested Motion is teasing some new work from Kaws.
- Evol’s latest project is a must-see.
- Vhils has hit FAME Festival.
Photo by HowAboutNo!
Category: Art News, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: anthony lister, aryz, evol, john fekner, jordan seiler, kaws, leon reid iv, public ad campaign, ron english, stinkfish, vhils