If you’ll notice that there were a good number of posts on Vandalog this week, you’ll notice the opposite thing next week. With family in town visiting and moving in with some friends and starting the couch-hopping segment of my summer in just a few days, things are rather busy. And so is the art world. Here’s what I have been reading this week:
- Romanywg has a new book out about art in abandoned places.
- The indoor segment of Bristol’s Upfest looks really great.
- Swampy’s show in San Fransisco looks like it would have been spectacular to see in person. I’m jealous.
- Two fabulous new murals by Blu and Ericailcane.
- Essu makes great stickers (if you’re okay with a strong McGee influence).
- Someone seems to agree with me on the court case that Mr. Brainwash recently lost. Fair use applies even to bad art.
- Skittles needs to find a new advertising company.
- Faile have a prints show in Venice Beach.
- San and Escif are collaborating.
- Everyone’s talking about this Shepard Fairey thing, but frankly I don’t really care. Dude was being hassled and got a bit irritated and snapped. We all do it. Oh and didn’t everyone know that he has assistants to put up his street work?
- Some Banksy pieces are up for sale at Sotheby’s.
- Performance artist is jailed for not harming anything at all.
- Photos from the show that Barry McGee and Josh Lazcano curated at V1 Gallery.
Photo by Get.off.My.Spaceship!