Well, I was expecting to see my family today, but snow in London have half of them stuck there. Luckily, snow where I am in Colorado is keeping me busy. Too busy to post very much unfortunately. Here’s what I’ve been missing:
- Roadsworth is Lisbon. Definitely check this out.
- Todd Seelie took some great photos of Monica Canilao and Saelee Oh making a beautiful installation in Detroit.
- M-City killed it in Miami even though his stencils arrived days after he did.
- While I didn’t care for Banksy’s latest print release at all, he did give the proceeds (almost £100,000 in total) to a great cause.
- Yellow Pants‘ first show, at Montana’s gallery in Lisbon, looks fabulous. With art from Remed, Zosen, Maya Hayuk and others, how could it go wrong?
- I’m way late on this, but Ron English made some shirts with Hurley earlier this year.
- Sometimes Mint and Serf (who work together as Mirf) do some interesting things. Other times that say crazy things. In an interview with Brooklyn Street Art, Mint said this “So back in April I designed the original Mirf poster and put a bunch of them in Russia. It was one of the first times I’ve seen graffiti being put up on the street but with wheat paste.” While he’s not taking credit for inventing wheatpasting for graffiti, he’s definitely taking too much credit for something that isn’t particularly innovative in 2010.
- DabsMyla and Greg Simpkins teamed up for this great mural in LA.
- World War Won’s new logo for Hackney would be a perfect way to spice up their image a bit.
- Postermat, the latest show at The Hole in NYC, sounds like it will either be awesome or really really terrible. If you go, let me know what you think.
Category: Events, Gallery/Museum Shows, Interview, Photos | Tags: banksy, Dabs Myla, galo, m-city, maya hayuk, Mint, monica canilao, pixelpancho, remed, roadsworth, ron english, Serf, the hole, worldwarwon, yellow pants, zosen