Some friends came over today and we had a bit of a photoshoot for the upcoming line of Vandalog t-shirts. More about that in the next few days. Here’s a teaser of the shirts. So next week is going to be an exciting one on Vandalog. In the mean time, here’s what I wish I’d spent more time covering (it’s kind of Swoon and Retna heavy this week though):
- David Choe and James Jean have a show coming up in Japan.
- This, I may actually write about again before the show opens and I’ll certainly be mentioning it after the opening: Street/Studio 2.0 at Irvine Contemporary in DC. It’s a group show in two venues with artists including Swoon, David Ellis, Gaia and José Parlá. The show opens on November 6th.
- Also on November 6th, Kaws has a solo show opening in Paris.
- The first two Untitled street art books were interesting, now there’s a third.
- Juxtapoz brought a bunch of artists including Swoon and Retna to Detroit to paint some houses.
- So apparently Swoon had a show open in Paris tonight?
- Os Gêmeos have been painting a bit in Brazil.
- Miso and Ghostpatrol have some nice new pieces up in Fitzroy.
- Bo130, Microbo, San and 2501 were recently busy painting some walls in Milan.
- I’m only half way through this video so far myself, but the producer and editor of Exit Through The Gift Shop recently took part in an in-depth video interview.
- Retna has just released 12 beautiful monotypes. As of this post, some are still available online.
Category: Random | Tags: 2501, bo130, david choe, david ellis, gaia, Ghostpatrol, irvine contemporary, jose parla, kaws, microbo, miso, os gemeos, retna, san, swoon