First and foremost, Vandalog is an art blog. But Vandalog has been behind a number of other projects. Here are some of them…
Vandalog has been involved in organizing murals in the UK and USA. Here are some of them:
- The Thousands: Painting Outside, Breaking In by RJ Rushmore was published by Drago Books in November 2009 as part of The Thousands, a show that RJ curated in London.
- Viral Art by RJ Rushmore was published online in December 2013.
- Vandalog contributors have written for or had their photographs published in numerous other titles.
Exhibitions and events:
Speaking gigs, presentations and the like:
- Street art walking tours in London by RJ Rushmore and Stephanie Keller, 2009-2012.
- Street Communications, April 2011, Haverford College. RJ Rushmore organized and moderated a panel discussion with Gaia, Jordan Seiler, Marc Schiller and Sara Schiller.
- Living Walls Conference, August 2011, Atlanta. RJ Rushmore spoke at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia as part of the Living Walls lecture series.
- Living Walls Conference, August 2012, Atlanta. RJ Rushmore spoke at the Museum of Design Atlanta on a panel about gender issues in street art and organized a movie night.
- Nuart, September 2012, Stavanger. RJ Rushmore spoke at the Nuart Plus and gave a tour of Stavanger’s street art and murals with Jordan Seiler. RJ gave a presentation titled Street Art in the Age of Digital Reproduction in conjunction with presentations by Evan Pricco and Tristan Manco about street art in virtual space, followed by a panel discussion with RJ, Evan and Tristan. RJ also debated Carlo McCormick and Evan Pricco on the validity of the internet as a place to experience art.
- Street Art 101, October 2013, Philadelphia. RJ Rushmore gave an introductory lecture on street art at the City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program‘s offices before the opening of …in the house…, a solo show he curated of work by stikman.
- Vandalog and Campbarbossa worked with Herakut on a lithograph as part of The Thousands in November 2009.
- The Vandalog Shop launched in October 2010. We’ve collaborated with artists on a few products: