Fun side note from my week: William Parry, author of Against The Wall, spoke at my college today. He’s currently on a speaking tour around the USA, so if you happen to hear that he is in a town near you, I highly recommend going to see him. And here’s the link-o-rama:
- The Art Newspaper has a piece about the lack of authentication for Banksy’s street pieces.
- Skewville’s retrospective at Factory Fresh is a must-see.
- Check out these pieces by ORFN.
- One of Jaz’ best walls yet.
- Some great pieces by Burning Candy members, Sickboy, Nemo and others have been buffed and covered a mural-like advertisement for Coca-Cola.
- The Zes and Retna show on at Known Gallery looks absolutely amazing.
- Interesting interview with Shepard Fairey. Shepard and I definitely don’t agree on everything, but it’s cool to hear what he has to say and exactly how he defends his work.
- Speaking of Shepard Fairey, he will be guest-starring on The Simpsons soon alongside Ron English, Kenny Scharf and Robbie Conal. If The Simpsons had not officially jumped the shark before, this is it. Still, I’ll be watching.
- Cool video showing Conor Harrington at work in Ireland.
Photo by LoafCategory: Art News, Gallery/Museum Shows, Interview, Photos, Random, Videos | Tags: banksy, burning candy, conor harrington, jaz, kenny scharf, nemo, orfn, robbie conal, ron english, shepard fairey, sickboy, skewville