Exciting week next week: Troy Lovegates and Labrona will be coming to Haverford to paint a mural here, so look forward to some pictures of that… If I find the charger for my camera. Also, I’ve taken the plunge and I’m finally on Instagram. Here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
- Troy Lovegates has a show on this week in Halifax.
- There’s a new ezine by Overunder.
- Joe Iurato and others painted a mural in New Jersey that included a tribute to Trayvon Martin. Of course, ridiculous controversy ensued. Here are some thoughts from Joe.
- More murals in Richmond, Virginia (including Dalek breaking out some of his Space Monkeys).
- I’ve mentioned this before, but here’s a reminder that No Longer Empty is hosting a talk about the Fashion Moda this Sunday moderated by Joyce Manalo and including Stefan Eins, Lisa Kahane, Crash and Lee.
- Faile’s new mural in Williamsburg is something quite different and unexpected.
- Chaz Bojorquez has his first show in Australia this weekend.
Photo by Jack Murray
Category: Art News, Books / Magazines, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Random | Tags: chaz bojorquez, CRASH, faile, fashion moda, james marshall, joe iurato, lee quinones, Lisa Kahane, no longer empty, overunder, panik, stefan eins, troy lovegates