Last class of the school year yesterday. Now for finals. Can’t wait… Here are some distractions in case you’re in a similar boat:
- NoseGo has some new prints available today with Unit44. These are not giclee prints, but rather archival pigment prints, a significant step up in quality as I understand it.
- The fantastic ceramic street artist Carrie Reichardt is organizing this show in London.
- Great sculptural installation and indoor mural by Pixel Pancho in Mexico City.
- Loving this collaboration between Kofie and El Mac.
- S.butterfly has photos of the Bom.K show in Paris. Wish I could see this one in person.
- And Kaws has a solo show in Tokyo at the moment. It’s Kaws, so feel free to check out the photos, but you pretty much knows what’s coming.
- JR and José Parlá collaborated on a mural on the outside of Bryce Wolkowitz Gallery, where they have a two-man show opening next week. Glad to see Parlá working outdoors, but it always strikes me as a bit odd since he tries to distance his work from graffiti. I guess when there’s a show to promote… Although to be fair, the show is about a series of collaborative murals that JR and Parlá made together in Cuba.
- JR’s Inside Out project booth in Times Square is a huge hit. He’s been covering the street with photos of people who stop by his little photobooth, and it looks awesome. The billboards in Times Square were even (briefly) given over to JR for the project. The whole thing is a fight against outdoor ads and for public spaces for the public, but JR manages to make his point without beating people over the head with politics. Instead, JR just shows people a better world and makes them smile. I’m not a JR fanatic, but I absolutely love this project.
Photo by Hrag VartanianCategory: Gallery/Museum Shows, Photos, Print Release, Random | Tags: Augustine Kofie, bom.k, carrie reichardt, cash4, don pablo pedro, EL Mac, jose parla, jr, kaws, keely, nosego, pixel pancho, smells