Last week we announced The Art of Comedy, a series of art installations and murals with The New York Comedy Festival that Wayne Rada and I curated. The Art of Comedy also coincided with solo shows by all three of the artists involved: Ron English, gilf!, and Hanksy. Due to Hurricane Sandy, both the official unveiling of the murals that these artists have painted in Little Italy and their solo show openings have been delayed by a week. So, here’s what the calendar looks like now for The Art of Comedy and those gallery shows:
- November 7th-11th: The Art of Comedy installations by Ron English, Hanksy, and gilf! are up in lounge inside of the comedy club Carolines on Broadway.
- November 8th 5-9pm: gilf!’s show at Galerie Swanström (136 Sullivan Street, 3rd Floor) will have an opening.
- November 8th 6-9pm: Ron English’s show, Crucial Fiction, opens at Opera Gallery NYC (115 Spring St).
- November 8th 6-9pm: Hanksy’s show, Young Puns 2 – Now With More Pun, opens at Krause Gallery (149 Orchard Street).
- November 10th at noon: The Art of Comedy Art Crawl starts at Caffe Roma on Mulberry and Broome streets and continues down Mulberry towards Canal Street as we check out Little Italy’s latest murals.
Also, in the past week, we’ve had interviews by Rhiannon Platt with gilf! and Hanksy, and Rhiannon also took some photos of Hanksy working on two of his three murals.
Photo by Wayne Rada
Category: Featured Posts, Festivals, Gallery/Museum Shows, Site News, Vandalog Projects | Tags: galerie swanström, gilf, Hanksy, Krause Gallery, opera gallery, ron english, the art of comedy